Thursday, May 13, 2010

Strange Little Kid Talents

I feel like every time I turn on my computer there is some new kid star doing a crazy video on YouTube! There were the British babies talking about charlie Then there was the dancing kids, whether Beyonce or the Black Eyed Peas. But the newest sensation, that I have to say I have fallen in love with as well is...



That's right, I am now at the mercy of a 12-year-old boy singing Paparazzi on YouTube. I even watched him on Ellen today sing it live. So what is it about Americans, and maybe people in general, that we just love kids who do neat or funny stuff? I think that we like to see funny things in general (see Why Do We Love Strange?), but also, we love to see kids doing it because it is so unexpected. Our minds are collectively blown when kids sing, dance, bite, giggle, anything that is somewhat cute or impressive.

We don't expect children to pull out these mad talents, we expect them to sing off-key and be adorable, but we love when they surprise us! Also, I think we all like to see a little bit of ourselves in these kids, like That Could Have Been Me!! Or perhaps, That Could Be My Kid!! But the strangest of all is the creepy parents a-la-balloon boy who exploit their kids for 15-seconds of fame. But for now, we can sit back end enjoy some pint-sized entertainment. Now isn't that strange?

1 comment:

  1. I love watching those girls in the background fall in love with him as he sings. It's so hilarious.

    I definitely ripped this and put it on my iPod; I'm not even going to lie. I'm a Greyson fan. Ha-ha!

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete